It’s about time we spoke about energy attachments and entities. There is a slight difference in my books between attached energy and entities. Attached energy is when you’ve just caught up with a friend and even after you’ve left them you’re still thinking about them a lot, and even hearing the sound of their voice in your head. Maybe your mood changed when you were with them or right after, or you left feeling tired.
To protect or not to protect, that is the question. There are so many differences in opinion on this topic, and it seems people from the old energy use (and swear by) putting a protective ball of light around them.
That is one method you’ve probably heard of already, but it’s one that I don’t use. I’m not saying this doesn’t work, and I’m know it does for some people, however it’s never resonated with me so I don’t do it.
In this article I’m offering you alternative methods, in case the protective ball of light doesn’t resonate with you either.
And frankly, I’m only using the word ‘protection’ so we all know what we’re talking about, but in my personal practice I don’t use that word. I feel it conjures up fear and the idea that there are many energies, forces, and people that we need protecting from. This is a fear based approach and thus breeds more fear.
We are powerfully enlightened beings (even if we don’t feel like it most of the time), and we don’t need to be scared of anything or anyone.
We can learn to master our own energy, grow and expand it at will, use it to transform and uplift heavy forces in the world, and raise our own vibration and that of the planet.
In light of that, my top 3 methods for managing, maintaining or enlivening your energy include;
- Heart Chakra, love based protection. Practice building a tangible relationship with your heart chakra. You can do this by regularly focusing your attention on the centre of your chest and breathing into it. Grow quiet and breathe through any hard walls that you may feel around it, and keep breathing into your chest until you feel it soften. Once your heart has softened, use your exhale to expand loving energy from your heart, around your body. Expand it out so far and wide that it stretches out your aura and energy field, filling it with love.
- Send love to the other person, place or thing. Whatever you feel you might need protection from, send love to instead. This bolsters your connection to your own power and cuts through any psychic pulls or negative energy that may have been directed your way. You’ll be doing wonders to the consciousness of humankind if each time you feel threatened, frustrated, angry you send love instead of playing out any other reaction.
- Clear the energy you’ve picked up. Once you notice you have picked up some heavy, or unhelpful energy use whatever technique works for you to either change and transform the energy, or you can clear it. For more information on how to do this go to my other articles: “Do you take on other people’s energy” or “Top 5 Methods to Clear Energy” .
The key is not to be afraid of heavy, dark or negative energies (and people for that matter). It is time for us to realise our power, and to not cower in fear or hide because we’re scared of what may happen to us.
A daily practice of connecting into love and your heart chakra will help raise your vibration, which in turn will have a big impact on how you feel. It’s possible to raise your vibration so much that you are never brought down by ‘negative people’, places or events.
You are the Queen of your Internal Palace and frankly, it’s time we let ourselves know that, feel that, and live it.
We can reclaim what’s always been ours and grow in love, using all experiences – the good, the bad and even the ugly – as tools from which we learn.
With love to you all,
PS. If you’d like to work with me, visit Waking Life, and book in for your FREE Skype consultation.
We are magnets for energy, like moths to a light, especially if you are a sensitive person or an empath. When you leave a place or person you’ve felt had a heavy or strong energy a great practice to do is to clear your own energy.
The more frequently I clear my energy the better I feel, so don’t be scared to do one or more of these methods below several times a day.
My top 5 methods for clearing your energy are:
- Invite in Archangel Michael and ask for help with cutting energetic cords. You might even visualise cords from you to your workplace/other people being cut or pulled out from you.
- Breathe deeply into your heart and set the intention to clear your energy with your out breath. Breathing out any energy you’ve picked up over your day.
- Burn some sage. (You can usually pick up sage from your local new age type shop, or online. I’ve tried to make it by drying fresh sage but it just didn’t seem the same).
- Take a deep breath in then hold it, then imagine you can blow the air out from your crown chakra – similar to a dolphin or whale blowing out it’s spout. Then exhale. (I feel the release with this one right away, so try a couple of times and see what you notice).
- Visualise a ball or channel of white light moving upwards through you and clearing energy out your crown chakra.
There is no need to become paranoid or fearful about picking up energy. We all do it, but a regular practice of clearing and resetting your energy will help you feel yourself and feel energised and balanced.
When you get good at this you can even clear your energy when you are in the heavy situation or with a person whose energy is strong and affecting yours.
Do you have any other energy clearing tips?
Have you invited your angels in today?
I invite the angels into my day, in every way.
I ask that you help me and guide me,
and intervene for my highest good.
I welcome your presence and assistance,
and thank you for being in my wonderful life.
I finish by drawing a deep breath into my heart which leaves me smiling.
The angels/god/universe are always there for us to help and guide us, however it is up to us to invite them in. Their powerful forces are like our pit-crew, waiting to help and enhance our lives, however most of the time we don’t realise this and battle through relentlessly struggling on our own.
This prayer is a great way to start the day because it helps us to remember that we are not alone.
Now I invite you to give this invocation a go and see how you feel.
Observe what you notice over the day.
Have a glorious day!
With love, Sharon